Audit Bank / Post
The daily account balance never reflects the balance in the accounting in Tryton. There is always inbound cash flow.
- manual or wrong payment by customers
- credit entry via EC-Terminal
- Kickbacks and credit from suppliers
- Refunds from wrong payments
and money goes out without prior booking in Tryton.
- Standing orders
- Bank Charges
- Credit Card Bills
Get the account statement as soon as you receive it from the bank, or you download it from the eBanking monthly or even daily.
Then you compare the balance history of the accounting with the balance history on the bank account.
- Ideally you print the bank statement.
- In parallel you open in Tryton the bank statement of the respective account in Financials > Reporting > Balance Sheet. This sheet can be viewed digitally and refreshed to reflect changes you made.
- Tick off the daily balances on the printed account statement.
Missing or wrong bookings need then to be adjusted or completed. You can
- Directly book it in the accounting module in Tryton
- or you can create a supplier invoice and set it on ‚paid‘ per date paid.
- or you can create a customer invoice and set it on ‚paid‘ per date paid.
Sometimes it happens that an existing Invoice is set on ‚paid‘ per the wrong date.
- in this case you need to set it to ‚unpaid‘ again and set it back to ‚paid‘ on the correct date.