Auditing open debit positions
It may happen that the total of the open debit positions does not match the debit balance on the Tryton account.
- Most commonly something was booked manually on the debit account.
- Also common is an attempted booking of a pay-slip (ESR) payment for a revoked invoice.
- It may also possible that an over- or underpaid invoice was manipulated by removing a payment on an invoice while forgetting to remove the removal booking in the accounting.
- Possibly an invoice that already has payments on it was revoked.
- Theoretically, although technically very unlikely, a wrong debit booking could have been executed on a debit invoice.
- It could also be that the payment of a debit invoice was assigned to the wrong journal.
- For auditing you draw an account statement from the debit account 1100. There you see the balances which have to match with the open positions list every day.
- Check month for month by going to > Financials > Reporting > print Third Party Balance per end of the month. Compare the balance with the account statement of that day.
- If it doesn’t match, create further comparisons on the previous days until you find the day with the mistake. The balance amount helps to determine the booking causing the problem.