Opening and closing booking periods
A business year is normally divided into 13 bookingperiods. 12 for the months and 1 for the yearly closing. This has the advantage that the months can be closed if needed, for example for the VAT invoicing.
Under Financials > Configuration > Business Years > Business Years > Booking Periods single months can be closed.
- Select the Booking Period you wish to close
- Choose in the action symbol „close Booking Periods“.
Under Financials > Configuration > Business Years > Business Years > Booking Periods you can re-open selected Booking Periods.
- Select the Booking Period you wish to re-open
- Choose in the action symbol „Re-open Booking Periods“
- It is important to know that this action automatically opens the respective booking journals as well.
This is only half the work. Some bookings still cannot be changed. On top of that you also need to re-open the journals of the booking periods.
- goto Financials > Finishing processes > close Booking Period Journals
- Select the respective journal
- Choose int the action symbol „journals - re-open Booking Periods.
Now you can adjust bookings.